Have you been following our conference, Moving Beyond Militarism & War: Women-driven Solutions for a Nonviolent World and are inspired to take action?
Here are some ways YOU can support women-driven nonviolent actions for peace and justice around the world:
- Show your commitment for creating a culture of nonviolence by mailing a letter of support on behalf of Peace People.
- Sign up on The Institute for Inclusive Security‘s website to learn more about United Nations’ Resolution 1325.
- Get involved in the Egyptian Initiative for Independent Rights’ national campaigns, including the Campaign to Defend Freedom of Assembly, Task Force Against Sexual Violence, and Campaign in Support of a Law on Domestic Violence.
- Help the Center Global for Global Nonkilling by contributing to their many campaigns.
- Get involved with CodePink’s many campaigns and support their upcoming trip to Yemen to meet with the families of innocent drone strike victims.
- Join PeaceJam’s Global Call to Action by creating a project to help your community or volunteering/interning with the organization.
- Sign the One Million Signatures Campaign to support Iranian women in their fight for legal equality.
- Answer the urgent action calls of JASS (Just Associates) as they mobilize women around the world on social justice issues.
- Sign up to conduct a workshop on behalf of The Panchama Alliance to support Indigenous peoples of the Amazon Rainforest in their efforts to preserve culture and lands.
- Support Women Living Under Muslim Laws by signing the Change.org to the United Nations Secretary General and the OHCHR demanding an end to stoning.
- Help strengthen the efforts of HarassMap to map sexual violence in Egypt by donating to their organization.