The Nobel Women’s Initiative is pleased to announce the release of our 2013 Annual Report!
Check out some of the highlights of the year:
- In January, a delegation of peace laureates traveled to Liberia—hosted by laureate Leymah Gbowee—to meet with women who are reshaping communities in the aftermath of civil war (p. 8)
- Nobel laureate Mairead Maguire hosted over one hundred activists in Belfast, Northern Ireland at our biennial conference, Women Beyond War (p. 10)
- Partners for Peace, our first feature-length documentary, premiered in September—bringing the voices of courageous Israeli and Palestinian women activists to audiences around the world (p. 12)
- In March, we stood steadfastly beside Nobel laureate Rigoberta Menchú Tum as she and other Mayan women pursued justice in the courtrooms of Guatemala (p. 18)
- Nobel laureate Jody Williams visited Ottawa to launch the report Breaking Ground: Women Oil and Climate Change in Alberta and British Columbia (p. 21)
Every year we work with dozens of women engaged in remarkable efforts to establish a future free of violence and oppression. Turn to page 28 to meet these women and learn how they pursue peace and justice in their countries. Check out page 35 to see our media highlights for the year, and how we remain connected to a dedicated—and growing!—online community. Lastly, have a look at our financial summary for the year, found on page 40.
View or download a copy of the 2013 Annual Report here: