We invite you to take a look at some of the year’s highlights:
- In January, Nobel Laureates lead a fact-finding mission to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala on violence against women (p.15)
- In April, Nobel Laureates Leymah Gbowee and Tawakkol Karman officially joined the Nobel Women’s Initiative (p.26)
- In May, the Nobel Women’s Initiative and partners around the world launched the International Campaign to Stop Rape & Gender Violence in Conflict (p. 8)
- In August, the Nobel Women’s Initiative launched its Sister-to-Sister Mentorship Programme in Ottawa (p.6)
- In October, Nobel Laureates lead Breaking Ground: Women, Oil & Climate Change — a delegation to the Alberta oil sands and along the route of the Northern Gateway pipeline into British Columbia (p.22)
As always, spotlighting the many courageous women activists working on the ground to ensure peace, justice and equality is a key priority of the Nobel Women’s Initiative. Turn to page 28 to meet some of the amazing women peace-builders we had the pleasure of working with in 2012. Flip to page 34 for a look at how our organization is harnessing the power of social media and new outreach tools to increase awareness and promote activism, and check out page 40 for a look at our 2012 financial summary.