The Nobel Women’s Initiative is pleased to announce the release of our 2014 Annual Report! We are excited to reveal our beautiful new snapshot format and look forward to hearing your feedback.
• In February, Laureate Leymah Gbowee led our Women of Congo Speak Out delegation to the Democratic Republic of Congo.
• In June, Laureates Leymah Gbowee & Tawakkol Karman launched the Beauty in the Middle: Women of Congo Speak Out multi-media exhibit at the Global Summit to End Sexual Violence in Conflict in London.
• Nobel Women’s Initiative published Moving Beyond Militarism: Women-Driven Solutions for a Nonviolent World.
• Nobel Laureate Jody Williams led a delegation in September to march with 400,000 others at the People’s Climate March (New York City).
• In October, Laureates Jody Williams and Shirin Ebadi led a delegation to India to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Dalai Lama’s Nobel Peace Prize and did extensive media outreach around preventing sexual violence.
• In November, Laureate Jody Williams joined activists in Mexico to demand justice for 43 missing students from Ayotzinapa.
• Women Crossing the Line – a documentary series about women defenders in Mesoamerica, co-produced with Just Associates (JASS) – premiered online in December.
As well, in 2014, three young women activists from Sudan, South Sudan and Guatemala joined us in Ottawa for the Sister-to-Sister Mentorship Program. See the last page of the report to meet these powerful young women and learn more about their work.
Finally, a financial summary of our year is on the second page.