Full-time (40 hours per week) position with benefits based in our Ottawa, Ontario, Canada office from February, 2019 until June 30, 2020 with possible renewal pending funding.
SALARY: $35,000 – $38,000 a year with benefits
The Nobel Women’s Initiative uses the prestige of the Nobel Peace Prize and six courageous women peace laureates to magnify the power and visibility of women working in countries around the world for peace, justice and equality. The Nobel Women’s Initiative is based in Ottawa, Ontario.
We are looking for a savvy social media expert who will help increase the power and visibility of our Korea Peace Treaty Campaign, a global campaign to educate, organize and advocate for a Korea Peace Treaty by 2020, which will launch in mid-March. Working with our media and communications team, the social media coordinator will help create and execute a social media strategy that advances the missions of the Korea Peace Treaty Campaign and the Nobel Women’s Initiative.
The social media coordinator will undertake the following responsibilities:
For three days of the week the social media coordinator will…
- Promote the Korea Peace Treaty Campaign, increase its visibility, and attract global support for the campaign through social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Inform, engage, and inspire the global public about the mission and goals of the Korea Peace Treaty Campaign using social media channels, in alignment with the Campaign’s overall communications strategy and the Nobel Women’s Initiative’s social media policy
- Working with the Media and Communications Coordinator of the Korea Peace Treaty Campaign, update the Campaign’s website and social media channels through developing new content and updating existing content
- Establish the Korea Peace Treaty Campaign as a trusted and leading voice in digital discussions of peace in Korea, U.S. foreign policy on Korea, and women’s inclusion in the Korea peace processes
- Moderate the Campaign’s social media channels, responding to questions and comments, and making sure that discussions do not violate the Nobel Women’s Initiative’s social media policy
- Monitor and report on the Campaign’s online presence through social analytics, and evaluate and implement social strategies in response to results
- Other projects as requested
For two days a week the social media coordinator will…
- Maintain the InterviewHer database, through updating and uploading expert profiles, monitoring the database usage, and building and maintaining InterviewHer’s social media profile
- Support the Nobel Women’s Initiative communications team as required
- Experience working with social media and analytics tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Hootsuite in an organizational setting
- An understanding of how organizations can harness social media tools to achieve program goals
- Knowledge of and ability to follow current best social media practices
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of WordPress is an asset
- The ability to take initiative on projects and work independently
- Passion for creating peace on the Korean Peninsula; an interest in changing the narrative on North Korea; a belief that organizations and individuals can change the world
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position with benefits based in our Ottawa, Ontario, Canada office from February, 2019 until June 30, 2020 with possible renewal pending funding. Candidate must live in the area or be willing to relocate. Three days per week will be dedicated to work on the Korea Peace Treaty Campaign, and two days per week to supporting the Nobel Women’s Initiative communications team.
The Nobel Women’s Initiative is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes all applicants, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, or other protected status.
Please send a cover letter outlining your motivation for applying along with your resume to: email@example.com.
Please use the subject line ‘Social Media – Korea Peace Treaty Campaign’ when applying.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019 at midnight
We thank all those who apply but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please no phone, email or walk-in inquiries.
For more information about the Nobel Women’s Initiative, and our team, please visit www.nobelwomensinitiative.org.
ABOUT THE NOBEL WOMEN’S INITIATIVE:
The Nobel Women’s Initiative uses the prestige of the Nobel Peace Prize and courageous women peace laureates to magnify the power and visibility of women working in countries around the world for peace, justice and equality.