SCOPE OF WORK:
We are seeking a dynamic, organized individual with strong interpersonal skills who wants to make a meaningful contribution to work amplifying feminist peace movements globally. This is an opportunity to further the work of the Nobel Women’s Initiative by supporting the critical operations, financial management and events work to ensure the team can meet our goals.
This is a full-time position and is ideally suited for a detail-oriented individual with a passion for social justice, peace and equality. This is also an opportunity for someone just starting their career or looking for a change to be mentored and receive extensive orientation, training and supervision and work closely with our small team.
- Maintain Noble Women’s Initiative administrative tools and assist with office administration.
- Store and file paper and electronic documents as needed.
- Order, store and organize office and kitchen supplies.
- Update office calendar of events.
- Ensure office equipment is maintained and place service calls where required.
- Update office policies and procedures manuals.
- Assist with the development of electronic office templates as needed.
- Perform data entry on Nobel Women’s Initiative databases.
- Assist with the organization’s human resources needs, including preparation of orientation packages for new staff and volunteer interns, and staff technology needs.
- Participate in and contribute to Nobel Women’s Initiative staff meetings, prepare and distribute staff meeting outcomes.
- Prepare cheque requisitions, organize and file financial documents.
- Reconcile invoices, credit card transactions and receipts.
- Other financial administration as requested.
- Assist with the logistics of Nobel Women’s Initiative local events, organize retreats and offsite-meetings including venue research, assisting with staff and participant travel and hotel accommodations, identifying per diem needs, organizing catering, etc.
- Prepare travel files and itineraries for Nobel Women’s Initiative staff and international guests.
- Prepare Nobel Women’s Initiative promotional materials for tabling at local events.
- Assist the Coordinator of Finance and Operations with preparing event finance documents including reimbursements for participants, on-site financial transactions, budget tracking and post-event financial reports.
- Ensure Nobel Women’s Initiative events travel kit is restocked following events, test portable/technical equipment and if necessary, arrange repairs or replacement prior to subsequent events.
- The Operations and Events Assistant will perform other job-related tasks as necessary.
- One or more years in an office environment.
- Data entry, administrative and/or events experience an asset.
- Computer savvy and proficient in MS Office (MS Outlook, Word and Excel in particular). Knowledge of MS Office for Mac an asset.
- Working knowledge of office equipment such printers and copiers.
- Strong time management skills, ability to prioritize work and attention to detail.
- Good English written and verbal communications skills. Other languages an asset.
This is a full-time position based in our Ottawa, Ontario, Canada office.
SALARY: $35,000-40,000 commensurate with experience, and including competitive benefits package.
The Nobel Women’s Initiative is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes all applicants, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, or other protected status.
Please send a cover letter outlining your motivation for applying along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the subject line ‘Operations and Events Assistant’ when applying.
CLOSING DATE: July 14, 2019
We thank all those who apply but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please no phone, email or walk-in inquiries.
The Nobel Women’s Initiative uses the prestige of the Nobel Peace Prize and six courageous women peace laureates to magnify the power and visibility of women working in countries around the world for peace, justice and equality. The Nobel Women’s Initiative is Ottawa, Ontario.
For more information about the Nobel Women’s Initiative, and our team, please visit www.nobelwomensinitiative.org.