The Laureates urge YOU to be an advocate for women’s rights.
Get involved in your local community!
- Join a local advocacy group
- Become a community organizer
- Join a protest
- Sign a petition
I may feel insignificant, but I certainly don’t want to be like the animals watching as the world goes down the drain. I will be like the hummingbird. I will do the best I can.” Wangari Maathai
Do the best YOU can:
Urge political, business, and community leaders to take action!
- Contact policymakers at the United Nations, national or local governments, or other influential governing bodies and make sure their votes represent your views and those of women worldwide
- Write a letter to your political representative
Learn more, stay informed, and bring awareness!
- Subscribe to a feminist blog
- Join an online discussion group
Speak up and speak out!
- Write a letter to the editor
- Write a blog
- Create a video on your issue to share
Say “NO” to sexual violence
- Encourage women who are sexually assaulted to report it–and help end the impunity for sexual crimes
- Sign a petition to ask your government to support United Nations Resolution 1325
- Bring local awareness to the issue
Not convinced YOU can make an impact?
“Doing nothing because you can’t get up off your butt and do something makes you complicit in whatever things are going on and you don’t agree with. If you don’t speak your opinion, if you don’t act up and fight for your point of view – the other guy is going to walk away with your power.” Jody Williams
Support our partners fighting for peace and justice. Take action for:
Israel & Palestine
Mexico & Central America