From New York to India to Taiwan and Australia, celebrations in honour of the accomplishments of women are taking place worldwide. Here are 5 actions you can take to celebrate International Women’s Day from right where you are:
1. Call for justice for Berta Cáceres
Join the Mesoamerican Initiative of Women Human Rights Defenders (IM-Defensoras) to call for justice for Berta Cáceres. Take a photo of yourself and share it using the hashtag #JusticeForBerta, send a message of support to her family or sign the online petition demanding the Honduran Government to bring justice in the case.
2. Celebrate women who make a difference #SheInspiresMe
3. Encourage trans and cis women and girls #Hi5Sister
4. Make a pledge for global gender parity
Use the hashtag #PledgeforParity to show your support and visit International Women’s Day to make your pledge.
5. Join the global conversation #IWD2016
Join the conversation and show your support throughout the day on social media using hashtags: #IWD2016 #DíadelaMujer #Journéedelafemme #Planet5050